As software engineer you will be part of our software development team. The software team develops software for characterization of quantum hardware, interfaces to and control of our devices and simulators of (quantum) physics processes. Your focus will be on projects where high computing performance is needed, for example in simulating our quantum computing circuits. Given your specific skills, you will be working closely with, aside from the other software team members, our quantum system architects and quantum application engineers on running quantum algorithms on our computers.
The development of a quantum compiler, which translates a user defined algorithm into an optimized implementation of the algorithm on our hardware. This position can be modified to suit a candidate, and mentorship and training are available for further skills development.
· Phd in Mathematics, computer science or a (Quantum) theoretic physics degree.
(Msc not excluded if relevant and exceptional)
· Experience in software development
· Deep understanding of quantum computing
· Experience with Measurement Based Quantum Computing is a plus.
· Knowledge of classical compilation and/or assembly language
· 3-5 years of relevant experience in a collaborative software development team
· Software Languages: python, c/c++
· Familiarity with professional software development processes and tools
· Proficiency in English language (verbal & written).
· Anticipates, understands and balances the needs of multiple stakeholders
· Gains the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity and sincerity
· Well organized and detail oriented; keeps things on track after setting tight priorities
· Manages ambiguity, operates efficiently, even when things are not certain or the way forward is not (yet) clear due to rapid technical developments
· Manages complexity, making sense of complex and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems
· Action oriented, taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm
· Creative thinking and a proactive style of work
Working in a start-up means that your work contributes directly to the direction of the company. Together, we work on awesome and challenging projects in a high-tech and innovative environment. Everyone has their own specialty and together we form a dynamic and diverse team.
Your workplace will be in Enschede (Netherlands) or Ulm (Germany). As we have become used in recent years, working at home is possible. The working language of our company is English, and we encourage and facilitate acquisition of German language skills.
The position is full time. Your salary depends on both your education and experience. We have many educational opportunities, a generous number of vacation days and we offer a pension and attractive start up compensation. Equity plan participation is available after the first year.
Are you as excited as we are to contribute to the fastest way to a quantum future? Do you want to be part of our journey to develop the world’s best quantum computer? Then join us!
For more info and applications, contact email@example.com.