As software engineer you will be part of our software development team. The software team develops software for characterization of quantum hardware, interfaces to and control of our devices and simulators of (quantum) physics processes. You will play a pivotal role in the development of control systems for our state-of-the-art quantum photonic processors. This position requires expertise in embedded systems programming, particularly with C language, and a strong understanding of interfacing control units with computers via ethernet
Develop and implement embedded C code for control systems in photonics processors. Interface control units with computers through ethernet for seamless command reception and execution. Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure the integration of software and hardware components. Debug and optimize code to ensure efficient and reliable performance.
· Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related field.
· Proven experience in embedded C programming.
· Understanding of ethernet communication protocols.
· Experience with debugging tools and techniques.
· Experience with version control systems (we use Gitlab).
· 0-3 years of relevant experience in a collaborative software development team
· Software Languages: python, c/c++
· Familiarity with professional software development processes and tools
· Proficiency in English language (verbal & written).
It would be regarded as a big plus if you would have additional skills in:
· Familiarity with photonics processors or a related field.
· Knowledge of real-time operating systems (RTOS).
· Familiarity with FPGA development.
· Software encryption and security.
· Anticipates, understands and balances the needs of multiple stakeholders
· Gains the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity and sincerity
· Well organized and detail oriented; keeps things on track after setting tight priorities
· Manages ambiguity, operates efficiently, even when things are not certain or the way forward is not (yet) clear due to rapid technical developments
· Manages complexity, making sense of complex and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems
· Action oriented, taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm
· Creative thinking and a proactive style of work
Working in a start-up means that your work contributes directly to the direction of the company. Together, we work on awesome and challenging projects in a high-tech and innovative environment. Everyone has their own specialty and together we form a dynamic and diverse team.
Your workplace will be in Enschede (Netherlands) or Ulm (Germany). As we have become used in recent years, working at home is possible. The working language of our company is English, and we encourage and facilitate acquisition of German language skills.
The position is full time. Your salary depends on both your education and experience. We have many educational opportunities, a generous number of vacation days and we offer a pension and attractive start up compensation. Equity plan participation is available after the first year.
Are you as excited as we are to contribute to the fastest way to a quantum future? Do you want to be part of our journey to develop the world’s best quantum computer? Then join us!
For more info and applications, contact email@example.com.