As a photonics systems researcher, you will be part of the engineering team, that works on developing the next generation of our photonic quantum computer as part of German Space Agency’s Quantum Computing Initiative. Your tasks will be focussed on developing and demonstrating photonic systems for quantum computing. You will work with a team of photonic device designers and quantum computing architects.
· Developing methods and algorithms to control and synchronize photonic devices such as switches, modulators, and lasers
· Develop setups integrating photonics and electronics e.g. FPGA or microcontrollers
· Test , measurement and characterization of photonic devices and PICs, including setup build-up and data acquisition and analysis.
· Research on new technologies for quantum photonics.
· Manage internal and EU projects.
· Continuously keep up to date with the latest scientific and engineering progress in photonics and quantum optics
· Working in a multidisciplinary team with electrical engineers and quantum physicists
· Report results at conferences and internal meetings
We can shape the position depending on seniority.
· PhD in Electrical engineering, Telecommunications, Photonics or relevant discipline
· Experience with optical and electrical equipment and photonic and electronic ICs
· Experience with FPGA prototyping (Verilog/VHDL)
· Experience with designing and demonstrating optical switches and modulators and working with telecommunication equipment is a strong plus
· Hands-on mentality with pro-active, innovative, accurate and independent style of working
· Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
· Good communication skills and teamwork
· Passion for your profession
· Proficiency in English language (verbal & written), German is a plus.
Working in a start-up means that your work contributes directly to the direction of the company. Together, we work on awesome and challenging projects in a high-tech and innovative environment. Everyone has their own specialty and together we form a dynamic and diverse team.
Your workplace will be in Ulm, Germany. As we have become used in recent years, occasionally working at home is possible. The working language of our company is English.
At the office, we like to have lunch together at our big lunch table, or preferably outside in the sun. On Fridays, we end the week with a cool drink and joyful activities to recap the week with the team!
The position is full time. Your salary depends on both your education and experience. We have many educational opportunities, a generous number of vacation days and we offer a pension and attractive start up compensation. Equity plan participation available after the first year.
Are you as excited as we are to contribute to the fastest way to a quantum future? Do you want to be part of our journey to develop the world’s best quantum computer? Then join us!
For more info and applications, contact email@example.com.