QuiX Quantum is at the forefront of the development of photonic quantum computing, a rapidly developing sector. Since our start in 2019, we have presented two world record-breaking quantum photonic processors. As a fast-growing company, we are now looking for a new project leader for our new subsidiary in Ulm, Germany.
QuiX Quantum will build a universal photonic quantum computer at the DLR Innovation Center in Ulm as part of a development contract. The contract has already been awarded and QuiX Quantum plans to build a team of 10-15 employees on site. This is the first ever sale of a universal QC in the world and therefore a unique opportunity to help shape the future of quantum computing.
As our project leader you will lead the development of our universal photonic quantum computer as part of DLR’s Quantum Computing Initiative. You will be will in charge of a growing multidisciplinary team working at the cutting edge of photonic and quantum computing. Your technical expertise will be in full use as you lead and train your team.
You are responsible for:
· Leading the development of our photonic quantum computer in Ulm
· Project planning and delivery of important milestones
· Hiring and onboarding of new team members
· Procurement planning and setting up the laboratories
· Delivery of demonstrators and products to the customer
· Daily communications and regular reporting with lead partners and subcontractors
· Run team meetings and manage a multidisciplinary team
· Report directly to the management team of the company
This position can be modified to suit a candidate, and mentorship and training are available for leadership skills.
What we ask of you:
· Master’s degree in Engineering or Physics or equivalent
· Experience in quantum computing or integrated optics is beneficial
· Experience in project management of development projects > 5 M€
· Skilled development team leader
· Experience with agile methods
· Good communication and presentation skills
· Passion for your profession
· Pro-active, innovative style of work and leadership
· Proficiency in English and German language (verbal & written)
Working in a start-up means that your work contributes directly to the direction of the company. Together, we work on awesome and challenging projects in a high-tech and innovative environment. Everyone has their own specialty and together we form a dynamic and diverse team.
Your workplace will be in Ulm, Germany. As we have become used in recent years, occasionally working at home is possible. The working language of our company is English, reporting and communication with the DLR will be in German.
The position is full time. Your salary depends on both your education and experience. We have many educational opportunities and a generous number of vacation days.
Are you as excited as we are to contribute to the fastest way to a quantum future? Do you want to be part of our journey to develop the world’s best quantum computer? Then join us!
For more info and applications, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.