As a photonics product engineer, you will be part of the engineering team, that works on assembling, testing and delivering our quantum processors to our customers.
· Assembly, characterization, and verification of photonic processors, ensuring and developing further the quality of the production, assembly, and verification processes.
· Test, measurement, and characterization of photonic devices, including setup build-up and data acquisition and analysis.
· Manage contacts with suppliers and customers.
· Regularly look for new suppliers.
· Provide customer support.
· Manage internal and EU projects.
· Working in a multidisciplinary team with electrical engineers and quantum physicists
· Report results at conferences and internal meetings.
· Represent Quix Quantum at conferences and exhibitions.
We can shape the position depending on seniority.
· Master degree in Applied Sciences, Photonics, Electrical engineering or relevant discipline
· Proficient in Python
· Organized and methodical with excellent documentation skills
· Experience with optical lab equipment like lasers, and data analysis
· Hands-on knowledge or willingness to learn to characterize photonic devices and subsequently evaluate the data in a systematic way.
· Knowledge of photonic components, such as micro rings, MZI, lasers, etc.. is a plus.
· Hands-on mentality with pro-active, accurate and independent style of working
· Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
· Good communication skills and teamwork
· Passion for your profession
· Proficiency in English language (verbal & written).
Working in a start-up means that your work contributes directly to the direction of the company. Together, we work on awesome and challenging projects in a high-tech and innovative environment. Everyone has their own specialty and together we form a dynamic and diverse team.
Your workplace will be in Enschede, the Netherlands. The working language of our company is English.
At the office, we like to have lunch together at our big lunch table, or preferably outside in the sun. On Fridays, we end the week with a cool drink and joyful activities to recap the week with the team!
The position is full time. Your salary depends on both your education and experience. We have many educational opportunities, a generous number of vacation days and we offer a pension and attractive start up compensation. Equity plan participation available after the first year.
Are you as excited as we are to contribute to the fastest way to a quantum future? Do you want to be part of our journey to develop the world’s best quantum computer? Then join us!
For more info and applications, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.