As Chief Manufacturing Officer you will be a member of the QuiX Quantum executive team, reporting to the CEO. Other members of the executive team are the CFO and CTO. QuiX Quantum is shifting its product focus from quantum processors to universal quantum computers. Quantum processor sales have historically been one-off and tailor made. The development and commercialization of universal quantum computers will require a large European supply chain and a complex production process in need of standardization both internally and in the external quantum ecosystem.
You will be the first member of the manufacturing team in a cutting edge industry and will use your experience to build a roadmap of end-to-end industrialization for the universal quantum computer. In your role, you will work closely with bother internal and external partners. You will be hands-on to get things done as you are the first to introduce industrialization and manufacturing as an area of work at QuiX Quantum.
· Design a long-term roadmap for the industrial product commercialization of the universal quantum computer
· Quickly understand the available supply chain and build relationships to educate the suppliers about our long-term requirements
· Be able to translate R&D design into production requirements
· Work with the R&D teams to test new production materials and methods
· Evaluate, analyze and negotiate contracts with supply chain partners
· Establish processes for quality assurance, testing, certification and traceability
· Ensure on time deliveries
· Define and build a manufacturing function and team within the company
· 15+ years experience in operations and manufacturing
· Experience initiating, negotiating and closing contracts with industry suppliers
· Experience setting up new production lines
· An engineering or other technical background (mechanical, software, electronics, mechatronics and or physics in general)
· Experience with industrialization processes and a proven track record in small (100+ employees) to midsized companies (1,000+ employees)
· Background in R&D and or Manufacturing environment including industrialization - semi-conductor supply chain is a plus
· Strong knowledge of manufacturing industry best practices and a desire to build an end to end industrialization process from scratch
· Experience in a matrixed and highly diverse work environment
· Passion for your profession
· Background in quantum physics is not required but is a plus
· Proficiency in English language (verbal & written).
· Preferably located in the Netherlands or Germany and willingness to travel frequently between current and future company locations
· An undisputable reputation and trustworthiness
· Anticipates, understands and balances the needs of multiple stakeholders
· Gains the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity and sincerity
· Well organized and detail oriented; keeps things on track after setting tight priorities
· Knows the most effective and efficient processes for getting things done, with a focus on continuous improvement
· Manages ambiguity, operates efficiently, even when things are not certain or the way forward is not (yet) clear due to rapid technical developments
· Collaborates, builds partnerships and works collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
· Manages complexity, making sense of complex and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems
· Relates openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people, cooperative style
· Action oriented, taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm
· Creative thinking and a proactive style of work
Working in a start-up means that your work has a high impact on the future direction and success of the company. Together, we are working on truly ground-breaking new technology. We are an innovative and diverse group, hailing from over 13 nationalities. Each of us has their own specialty and together we form a truly dynamic team.
The working language of our company is English, and we encourage and facilitate acquisition of Dutch and/or German language skills.
The position is full time. Your salary depends on both your experience. We have many educational opportunities, a generous number of vacation days and we offer a fully paid pension and attractive start up compensation. Equity plan participation is available after the first year.
Are you as excited as we are to contribute to the fastest way to a quantum future? Do you want to be part of our journey to develop the world’s best quantum computer? Then join us!
For more info and applications, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.